2 qty. 4”x 4” Cardstock – your color choice
1 qty. 1½” x 7 ½” Cardstock – matching color
3/16” Meriken Double stick tape #3001
Stickles Glitter glue – color choice
Accu Cut Die Cutting Machine*
Accu Cut Grad Cap Die*
*NOTE: The Accu Cut Die Cutting system is available for use at our Ben Franklin Crafts store. There is no charge to use the system when you purchase the paper from our stores.
Using the Accu cut Die system, cut out two grad caps from cardstock.
1) Take the 1 ½” x 7 ½” strip of cardstock and score ¼” in from both edges along the length of the strip.
2) Next, measure in 2 ½” from each short edge and score vertically.
3) Crease at the scored lines and unfold. Place the double stick tape along the ¼” scored sections. At these vertical scored lines, snip to the horizontally scored lines, at all four points.
4) Crease at the scored lines and unfold. Place the double stick tape along the ¼” scored sections.
5) Remove the tape from the middle sections. Fold up the side sections, forming like a “U” shape.
6) Remove the protective covering from the tape from only one side of the U. Place on the wrong side of a grad cap die cut.
7) Remove the protective covering on the tape on the other side. Align the other grad cap die and adhere.
8) Decorate the outside of the grad caps by outlining with Stickles glitter glue. Let dry. Fill pocket with goodies.