Mother’s Day Birthstone Bracelet
Creative Idea by Lynn and Cody
1 yard 26 gauge silver plated wire 30088351
6 or 7 large link connectors 30090952
5 or 6 oval silver links 30090970
15 or 18 6mm round faceted acrylic beads in the birthstone color
10 or 12 2mm round silver beads 30138819
1 silver plated magnetic clasp 30095627
2 silver plated jump rings 30095654
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
- Take the 26 gauge wire and cut 5 or 6 (depending on number of links being used) pieces of 3 inch lengths.
- Starting at one end of the silver oval link, slightly above the curve of the oval; wrap the wire around the end about 3 or 4 times. (Tip: Using the chain nose pliers, press down the end of the wire to the link, making sure that the ends do not stick up and scratch your skin.)
- Next, string on the 2mm silver bead, followed by three 6mm acrylic beads, ending with another 2mm silver bead. Then take the wire and finish wrapping the other end, slightly below the curve of the oval with the wire. Cut off any excess wire. Continue this process for all the links. (Tip: The wired strand should look slanted or diagonal, not straight across from end to end.)
- Add a jump ring to each end of the bracelet connectors.
- Add the magnetic clasps to the jump rings and you’re done!