Snow Much Fun – Party Card Box
Creative Idea by Jenny F.
9.5” MDF wood number
Lavender Paint 30098132
Foam brush 30100057
Mod podge glossy 77501684
Acrylic photo Frame 30138947
Glitter paper 30092817 and 30100104
Glue gun 77536417
Holographic Foamcore 30149653
Metal ruler 30109202
Sharp Exacto knife 77504092
Two 10” Cake circles (white on one side) 77654830
Rhinestones Ribbon VIM/732
- Paint the entire number.
- Once the paint is dry cover the top with Mod Podge. Sprinkle coordinating glitter over Mod Podge.
- When Mod Podge is dry: cover the top of the glitter with an additional coat of Mod Podge to seal in glitter.
- Repeat steps 2-3 on the back of the number.
- Once the glittered number is sealed and dry- hot glue to the frame making sure it will stand upright. Set aside.
- Cut foam core to 10”x30”.
- Place the foamcore horizontally in front of you with color side up.
- Using Exacto blade Score 1” sections from left to right vertically (DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH).
- Snap scored section creating a barrel.
- Hot glue sides of barrel together.
- Using an Exacto knife cut a rectangle in to one of the 10” circles creating an opening for cards.
- Take the same 10” circle (white side up) and hot glue to the top of the barrel.
- Take the other 10” circle with the white side facing up and bend back ½ . (This will create an easy opening to retrieve the cards once it is attached to the bottom).
- Hot glue ½ of the circle to the bottom with the white side facing up.
- The box will lay flat, but when you are ready to take the cards out you can access them easily at the bottom fold of the circle.
- Take the glittered number on the frame and hot glue to the top of box not covering the hole.
- Embellish with rhinestone ribbon and snowflakes.