SUPPLIES & TOOLS
3” x 3” Origami paper or similar Lightweight paper
1. Fold the paper in half, left to right. Crease and unfold. Fold the paper in half, top to bottom. Crease well and unfold.
2. Turn the paper over and fold in half diagonally. Crease well and unfold. Fold in half diagonally again to create an “x” . Crease well and unfold.
3. Fold the top-edge of the paper down while you push the right and left edges inwards, forming a triangle with four flaps.
4. Fold down the top tip of the triangle to the center bottom. Crease well and unfold.
5. Fold up just the top layer of the bottom of the triangle. To do this, carefully, lift up the base of the paper to meet up with the tip of the triangle. Next, bring the bottom corners of the triangle to the peak. Squash down to make valley folds and the paper will have the shape of an upside-down house.
6. Fold the “house” down in half, now the house looks right side up.
7. Fold up the bottom of the house halfway, to the fold line.
8. Fold down just the top layer on each side, forming triangles standing on point on each side.
9. Fold up the small open corners at the bottom on each side. It should start to look like a small upside heart.
10. Fold up just the tips of the heart on the bottom ever soslightly to make the heart more rounded.
11. Fold up the heart at the center fold line to complete.
12. Use as a bookmark by slipping onto the corner of pages.