Creepy Crawly Spider
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
20 gauge wire 30085106
24 gauge wire 30085108
15mm berry bead 30095700
8mm faceted bead 30095694
3mm silver bead 30129404
bead caps 30164763
6mm magic color changing bead 30154414
6mm bugle beads, color of choice
8/0 seed beads, color of choice
round nose pliers
chain nose pliers
- Take 5 to 6 inches of 20 gauge wire and loop one end.
- String on a 15mm berry bead which will be the body of the spider and set aside.
- Cut 4 pieces of 24 gauge wire, each piece being 8 inches long.
- Hold all 4 pieces together and use the chain nose pliers to grip the center of the wires. Bend to a 90 degree angle.
- Nestle the bend on the 20 gauge wire right against the 15mm berry bead and firmly twist the 4 wires to secure them in place.
- Separate the strands so that you have 4 going in opposite directions to function as the legs of the spider.
- Add the 8mm bead for the head of the spider and press everything against the looped end. Trim the 20 gauge wire so that you have about 1 inch left of wire, use the round nose pliers to coil up the end until everything lined up is a little tight.
- We will now work one leg at a time. String on a bugle bead, a seed bead, a bugle bead, a 3mm silver bead, a color changing bead, and a 3mm silver bead. This will bring you to the first joint of the leg.
- Now string on a bugle bead, a seed bead, a bugle bead, a seed bead, a bugle bead, a 3mm silver bead, a color changing bead, and a 3mm silver bead. This will bring you to the second joint of the leg.
- Finish o the leg with a bugle bead and a seed bead. Trim the wire down to 1 inch and use the round nose pliers to coil up the end until everything lines up tight.
- Repeat for the other 7 legs. As an option, you can make 2 of the legs on each side a little longer to create a more dramatic/realistic end result.
- Bend the legs at the color changing beads and repositions as needed.