1 qty. RTD Blank Fan 30139464 or 30139465
1 qty. 8 1/2” x 11” Cardstock beige, cream or similar for face
1 qty. 8 1/2” x 11” Cardstock black for hair and eyes
1 qty. 2” x 3” Cardstock white for eyes
1 qty. 3” x 3” Cardstock – dark pink for flower bottom layer
1 qty. 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” Cardstock medium pink for flower top layer
1 qty. 2” x 4” Cardstock light pink for cheeks
Foam Pop Dots 30008288
Meriken 1/4” Double Stick Tape 30013284
Yellow or gold Marker for flower stamen
AccuCut Die Cutting Machine and fan insert die*
Pencil for tracing
1 1/2” Circle Punch – Clever Lever Yellow 30028731
1” circle punch – Clever Lever Green 30028719
3/4” Circle Punch – Clever Lever Green 30028718
3/8” Circle Punch – EK Success 30136619
*When you purchase cardstock from HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts, you may use the AccuCut Die Cutting Machine and dies for free. See store for more details.
1. Use the AccuCut die cutting machine and fan insert die to cut one insert each from the cream/beige and black cardstock.
2. Align the beige/cream cardstock cut-out on top of the blank fan, matching edges and tape down to the fan.
3. Take the hair template and place onto the black fan insert cut-out. Trace and cut out the hair according to the pattern. Use the scrap black cardstock to trace and cut out the hair “bun”. Place the hair onto the fan and align with the face. Slip the “bun” under the hair at the center top, adjusting how big you want the bun to be. Remove the hair and tape down the bun. Take the white cardstock and punch out two 1” circles for the eyes. Take the scrap of black cardstock and punch two holes about an inch apart with the 3/8” hole punch. Take the 3/4” circle punch, turn it upside down and place over one of the 3/8” holes and punch out a circle. Repeat with the other 3/8” hole. Place the black 3/4” circle over the 1” white circles. The 3/8” holes should create a white dot accent. Tape together to make the eyes.
4. Place the hair back onto the fan. Position the eyes and tape down. Take the light pink cardstock and punch out two 1 1/2” circles for the cheeks. Position onto the face, slightly under the hair on the sides. Tape down. Now, tape down the hair to the fan.
5. Trace and cut out the flowers according to the patterns. Draw in the stamen on the smaller flower with a marker or pen. Center the smaller flower onto the larger flower and attach with foam pop dots. Place flower in the hair at the side of the bun and tape down.