(2) 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” Printed Cardstock–design A for 2 of 4 card panels
(2) 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” Printed Cardstock–design B (coordinate with A) for 2 of 4 card panels
(2) 4” x 4” Solid Cardstock – for spinner
Beading Thread 77184739 or similar
Meriken 1/4” Double Stick Tape 30013284
Clear Tape – plastic cello (packing tape or Shiny, not Magic, Scotch Tape)
Embellishments for spinner – stickers, stamped designs, etc.
Big Shot Plus die cutting system (magnetic platform board 30146989 is helpful) 30170985
Nested Frame die set*
Martha Stewart Score Board 30103578
Pencil for marking
*Sample shown used Spellbinders Label One nested die set.
NOTE: Look at the printed cardstock to see if there is a definite one way direction to the design. If there is make sure that the cardstock is cut so that the vertical design follows 4 1/4” W x 5 1/2” H since the finished card will be standing up this way.
- Take the 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” printed cardstocks and place on the MSC Score Board with the 4 1/4” edge along the top edge. Score each one vertically down the center at the 2 1/8” point.
- Use a ruler and measure 1” down from the top and mark lightly with a pencil on the center scored line. Repeat for all four pieces.
- From the nested die set, choose one die that will fit on the cardstock while leaving some border space around. Follow the directions for using the Big Shot die cutting machine. Center the die onto the scored cardstock with the top of the die at the 1” mark and the whole die is centered over the middle scored line. Cut out, creating a window. Repeat with the other three pieces. Check to see that all four of the cardstock windows align with each other. Set aside.
- Take the next size down die from the set. Cut out two from the 4” x 4” cardstock for the spinner. Place one piece in front of you. Cut a 12” length of beading thread. Take the beading thread and lay it down the middle of the spinner piece, leaving a tail at the top and bottom. Tape the beading thread down with the clear cello tape. Place double stick tape all around the edges. Take the second piece and tape together, aligning the edges.
- Take one of the window pieces and place down in front of you. Take the spinner and center in the opening. Place the tails of the beading thread along the center scored line. Tape the thread down with the clear cello tape. Keep the thread taut and trim off the excess thread.
- Take each of the remaining three window pieces and tape each half to each other creating a cross design. Make sure to align the center window cut out each time.
- Decorate the center spinner on both sides.