SUPPLIES & TOOLS
3” Wood Embroidery Hoop 77614107
9” x 6” Felt – Walnut Brown 30061434
9” x 12” Felt – Yellow 77676676
9” x 12” Felt – Gold 30147515
9” x 6” felt – Pirate Green 77677005
1 1/2 yds. of 7/8” Sheer Satin-Edge
Ribbon Yellow, Orange, Brown or Light Green
6 qty. 1/2” Dark Brown Buttons 30171727
12” of Jute or ribbon for hanger
Pen for tracing
Sewing needle and thread
Low Temp Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
1. Take the wood embroidery hoop apart. Place the brown felt piece over the inner hoop. Replace the outer hoop and stretch felt until it is taut. Tighten the screw to secure. Trim the excess felt on the back.
2. Trace and cut out 14 large petals from the yellow felt and 14 small petals from the gold felt according to the pattern.
3. For each petal, put a thin line of glue along the straight edge and scrunch together to create a gathered edge.
4. Take one large yellow petal and glue it to the hoop rim in front of the screw. Glue the rest of the large yellow petals around the outer hoop rim.
5. Take the smaller gold petals and glue on top of the hoop rim, placing petals in between the yellow petals.
6. Thread the needle with about 18” – 24” of thread and knot one end. Take the 7/8” sheer ribbon and sew a running stitch down the instructions continued on back middle. Gather ribbon to form a rue. Check to see if the gathered ribbon will go around the hoop, adjust gathers if necessary. Knot the end of the thread to secure the gathers. Glue the gathered rues around the hoop on top of the bottom of the gold petals.
7. Take the brown buttons and glue to the brown center.
8. Take the green felt and cut it in half. On both pieces, curve cut two sides to make two large leaves. Gather the straight edges with glue like you did for the petals. Glue the ends to the back of the flower; refer to the photo for placement.
9. Tie the piece of jute to the screw to use as a hanger.