SUPPLIES & TOOLS
1 qty. 8″ x 11″ cardstock
2 qty. 10mm Moving eyes 30055157
Markers to color details
3/16” Meriken Double stick tape 30013283
Tacky Glue 77609875
Accu Cut Die Cutting Machine*
Accu Cut Die – Small Cake Slice
Paper Trimmer 30017631
NOTE: The Accu Cut die cutting machine and dies are available for use at HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts stores with purchase of paper.
1. Take the 8” x 11” cardstock and die cut a small cake slice box. Fold up box and tape sides together. Leave the small side flaps out as you close the box on the end.
2. With the remaining scrap of cardstock, cut 4 1/2” x 1 1/2” squares.
3. Take the 4 squares and cut diagonally in half, creating 8 triangles. Refer to the photo and glue a triangle to each flap to create the fish’s face. Place a moving eye on each side and glue on. Use the marker to draw in a smiling mouth on each side.
4. At the other end of the box, glue a triangle to each pointed end for the tail.
5. Use the markers to draw in the fish scales on both sides of the box.
6. Take two triangles and fold in half. Position one on each side of the body for the fins and glue in place. Take the last two triangles and fold in about 3/16” along the long edge. Trim off excess on the ends. Place double stick tape along the folded edge. Refer to the photo and place the triangles on top of the fish for the top fins.