Grad Cap Favors
DOWNLOAD PDF INSTRUCTIONS HERE
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
(1) 3oz. Portion Cup 30157178(1) 1 3/4” x 11” Cardstock – school colors
(1) 3 1/2” x 3 1/2” Cardstock – school color
DMC Embroidery Floss or similar – for tassel
Meriken 1/4” Double Stick tape 30013284
Pop Up Glue Dot 30001511
3/4” Circle Punch – Marvy Uchida Clever Lever (green) 30028718
Tassel Maker Clover 30173257/30173216 or Beadalon 30161302
Paper trimmer 30088131
Treats for inside the cup
- Trim the 1 3/4” x 11” cardstock down to 9 1/2” long. Place double stick tape along all four edges. With the leftover scrap, punch out one 3/4” circle; set aside for later.
- Turn the portion cup upside down. Carefully wrap the cardstock strip around the portion cup, aligning the bottom edge. It’s okay if the top does not match up with the cup. Overlap the edges to end.
- Use the scissors to make snips in the cardstock around the top edge, making the snip ends when it reaches the cup, creating little tabs.
- Carefully fold the tabs down and tape to the portion cup. There will be a few tabs overlapping and there may be creases along the side.
- Center the 3 1/2” x 3 1/2” square on top and tape in place to complete the grad cap.
- Use a tassel maker tool to make a tassel with the embroidery floss. Attach to the middle of the square. Use the Pop Up glue dot to add the 3/4” circle on top of the tassel end in the center.
- Fill the portion cup with treats.